Happy New Year everyone!
2018 was a bit of a mixed bag for me, there were some amazing highs, but there were some lows too – in my real life and my bookish life. But all in all, 2018 was a pretty good year!
So I’m super motivated to make 2019 even better than 2018!
So… last year I wanted to:
1) Introduce more graphic novels and comic books into my review mix and try to explore more sub-genres of fiction.
I feel like I definitely did this, after all, I added a new award category this year! But I think where I fall down is not putting every review on my website, so I’m going to work really hard on that this year!
2) Introduce a “Bookish Thoughts” category to my website!
I 100% dropped the ball on this one! But I have big plans for re-vamping this section of my website!
3) I wanted to make much more of an effort to be social within the bookish community via Instagram, Twitter and Litsy!
Ok, Instagram 100% did this for! I held multiple international giveaways and put a lot of effort into being a better part of the bookish community. However, Litsy I’ve given up on and Twitter is a chore – I just don’t gel well with it well. However I’m going to give it another go in 2019 and see where it takes me!
4) Introduce Visual Novels into my review categories!
Again, not a major uptake on this one, but I’m going to give it another shot in 2019!
I also launched my YouTube channel this year! Which was exciting and scary at the same time!
On top of these, for 2019 I want to:
- Revamp my YouTube channel – I’m figuring out if I want to continue using my cartoon avatar or become a ‘live-action’ channel!
- Re-design some of my bookmarks and add new designs! I find it so much fun!
- Go to YALC!
- Aim for 52 posts for 2019!
- Read 52 books this year!
I’m really looking forward to a successful 2019, and I’m going to work really hard to make it happen!
I really hope you join me!
If you have any recommendations for me – books to read or just for things you’d like to see on the site, please get in touch! It’d be great to hear from you!
Thank you so much for checking out my post! If you liked it let me know by tapping the like button! Feel free to leave a comment too! I reply to all my comments! ❤
If you’d like to support me there are several ways you can do that! A great way is by using my affiliate link for Book Depository to do you book shopping! They offer free worldwide delivery and it doesn’t cost you anything extra.
Again, thank you so much for stopping by! ❤