The spooky season is upon us and there are plenty of books out there to satisfy every type of reader, regardless of how spooky you want to get this October!
I’ve compiled a lil list of spooky books that I’ve read that you might wanna add to your TBR if you’re after some reads that provide spooky vibes!
Want some B-movie fun in a book?
- Horrorstör – Grady Hendrix
- Clown in a Cornfield – Adam Cesare
- Meddling Kids – Edgar Cantero
- Final Girls – Riley Sager
- There’s Someone Inside Your House – Stephanie Perkins
- Jam – Yahtzee Croshaw
- My Best Friend’s Exorcism – Grady Hendrix
Fancy some outlandish fun?
- Battle Royale – Kōshun Takami
- Night of the Mannequins – Stephen Graham Jones
- Fantasticland – Mike Bockoven
After some supernatural vibes?
- Other Words For Smoke – Sarah Maria Griffin
- Undead Girl Gang – Lily Anderson
- Rebecca – Daphne Du Maurier
Are creature features your thing?
- Meg – Steve Alten
- The Silver Eyes – Scott Cawthon
- Awakened – James Murray
Want to experience some haunting vibes?
- The Silent Companions – Laura Purcell
- Practically everything the guy ever wrote – Edgar Allan Poe
- Dracul – Dacre Stoker & J D Barker
- The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein – Kiersten White
- Sawkill Girls – Claire Legrand
How about some real-world horrors?
- My Dark Vanessa – Kate Elizabeth Russell
- Five Total Strangers – Natalie D. Richards
- The Chalk Man – CJ Tudor
And that’s my list! I know I’ve missed out categories such as paranormal, gore, romance etc. But I’ve only included books that I have personally read, and I’ve not actually read that much horror – I know, shocking! But I prefer to watch horror over reading it.
Have you got any recommendations? Have you read any of these books? What did you think? Drop them in the comments below!
Thank you so much for checking out my post! If you liked it let me know by tapping the like button! Feel free to leave a comment too! I reply to all my comments! 🖤