So I recently turned 30 and I’ve given a lot of thought about my reading habits and TBR. Don’t worry, I’m not going to become an ‘adult contemporary’ or other adult genre reader. Sure, I might dabble occasionally, but this blog is still primarily a YA and a fantasy one!
However I’ve identified 30 books that I want to read during my 30th year on this planet. And before you start: yes, I know – I don’t have the best track record for actually reading the books that I put on this sort of list…but who knows, maybe this time will be different!
So I’ve split the list into 3 sub-genres – 1 for each of the decades I’ve lived! I’ve got 10 per list and the lists are: Books that are out already and that I’ve not read yet, Books that released after my birthday and finally Books I want to re-read!
So, let’s get on to the list – I also did a video for this!
Books that are out already and that I’ve not read yet (far various reasons!):
- Kingdom of Exiles – Maxym M. Martineau
- Priory of the Orange Tree – Samantha Shannon
- Jaws – Peter Benchley
- The Last Wish – Andrzej Sapkowski
- Flowers for Algernon – Daniel Keyes
- The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet – Becky Chambers
- A Little Life – Hanya Yanagihara
- Thicker Than Water – Brigid Kemmerer
- Supernova – Marissa Meyer
- The Midnight Bargain – CL Polk
Books that released after my birthday:
- A Vow So Bold And Deadly – Brigid Kemmerer
- The Project – Courtney Summers
- The Ravens – Kass Morgan & Danielle Paige
- A Pho Love Story – Loan Le
- The Forest of Stolen Girls – June Hur
- Defy The Night – Brigid Kemmerer
- The Galaxy and the Ground Within – Becky Chambers
- Ready Player Two – Ernest Cline
- The Bitterwine Oath – Hannah West
- Lightbringer – Claire Legrand
Books I want to re-read (to see if I still feel the same!):
- In Paris With You – Clémentine Beauvais
- Pride & Prejudice – Jane Austen
- Eugene Onegin – Alexander Pushkin
- Ready Player One – Ernest Cline
- The Perks of Being A Wallflower – Stephen Chobsky
- The Great Gatsby – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Hunger Games – Suzanne Collins
- They Both Die At The End – Adam Silvera
- A Curse So Dark And Lonely – Brigid Kemmerer
- The Picture of Dorian Gray – Oscar Wilde
And those are 30 of the books that I want to try to read on top of my enormous existing TBR and whatever else the rest of 2020 and 2021 will bring to my shelves!
Are there any books that you think should be on this list? Let me know in the comments!
Thank you so much for checking out my post! If you liked it let me know by tapping the like button! Feel free to leave a comment too! I reply to all my comments! ❤
If you’d like to support me there are several ways you can do that! A great way is by using my affiliate link for Book Depository to do you book shopping! They offer free worldwide delivery and it doesn’t cost you anything extra.
Again, thank you so much for stopping by! ❤